Advanced Maintenance Technician 1st Shift
Kaysun Corporation designs and manufactures complex, tight tolerance plastic injection molded products and assemblies for the defense / security, medical, consumer, industrial, and niche automotive markets. For over 60 years, Kaysun has built an industry leading reputation of successfully meeting the toughest manufacturing challenges in diverse markets throughout the world.
We have an opening on first shift for an Advanced Maintenance Technician to install/repair/maintain molding presses, other machinery, auxiliary equipment, company vehicles and buildings.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Work well in a team with a three shift maintenance department. The ability to take part in constructive criticism is vital to success.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities by complying with all company and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance with minimal supervision on molding presses, other machinery or auxiliary equipment as assigned. This includes cleaning and lubricating shafts of bearings, gears, and other parts of molding presses along with other machinery and auxiliary equipment.
- Performs non-scheduled preventative maintenance with minimal supervision on molding presses, other machinery or auxiliary equipment as required.
- Visually inspects, listens to and uses diagnostic tools to evaluate molding presses, other machinery and auxiliary equipment to locate the root cause of malfunctions.
- Discusses press/machine/equipment operation variation with supervisor or other maintenance personnel to diagnose problems and/or repair.
- Dismantles molding presses, other machinery or auxiliary equipment to gain access to problem areas.
- Installs new or repaired parts as required.
- Assembles, installs, repairs and maintains hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. To include valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Proficiently operates welding and cutting equipment.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on buildings and/or surrounding grounds.
- Performs repairs on company vehicles as required.
- Ability to create and retrieve maintenance work orders from the Kaysun ERP system IQMS.
- Willingness to learn 2D and 3D CAD software to create drawings/models of machine/automation components and/or wiring diagrams.
- Understand and modify European and US standard electrical circuits/drawings.
- Understand various types of mechanical drive systems.
- Ability to communicate with, troubleshoot and program PLC’s.
- Ability to wire and/or build electrical panels. (AC, DC, High-Voltage and Low-Voltage)
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair 3, 5 and 6 axis robots. Programming experience is a plus but not required.
- Ability to operate a forklift to move equipment or parts as required, after successful completion of the company’s forklift certification program.
- Ability to perform limited equipment rigging and spotting as required.
- Follows established Lockout/Tagout procedures at all times.
- Represents the company with vendors and customers in a professional manner.
- Supports and participates in the Lean Manufacturing initiatives of the company.
- Willingness to follow written and verbal instructions on a daily basis.
- Works additional hours as necessary to complete projects, including weekday and weekend overtime when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Job requirements/working conditions:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate degree in Electro-Mechanical Technology or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years on-the-job PLC experience required; or experience through educational courses (i.e. Electro Mechanical/Industrial Maintenance program).
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in industrial maintenance required.
- Prior millwright or machine maintenance experience in a plastic injection molding environment is strongly preferred.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required; must be able to read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be familiar with and apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry. This would include but not limited to proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Must be willing to obtain journeyman electrician license within five years.
- This position requires the application of common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The job often requires the ability to solve problems involving several variables as well.
- Must be self-motivated and show initiative.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to operate a personal computer in a Windows environment and be proficient with Excel. The ability to learn new software quickly and efficiently is a plus.
- Must possess or successfully obtain a valid forklift license.
- Must be able and willing to work any shift and overtime to provide necessary support for successful project completion.
If you are interested in working in an environment where Optimism, Innovation, and Teamwork are among our core values, then you’re invited to explore this opportunity further. To apply, please submit your resume with salary requirements via email to email@example.com or by mail to KAYSUN CORPORATION, Attn: Human Resources, 5500 West Drive Manitowoc, WI 54220.
Kaysun Corporation offers a robust benefit plan which includes: health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and flexible spending for medical and dependent care expenses. Kaysun also promotes wellness by providing annual health risk assessments at no charge for all employees and their spouses, a 75% health club membership reimbursement, as well as an onsite state-of-the-art wellness facility.
Kaysun Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Females, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Watch this video for more on the advantages of working with Kaysun.