Kaysun Corporation, located in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, designs and manufactures complex, tight tolerance plastic injection molded products and assemblies for the defense/security, medical, industrial, and niche automotive markets. For over 60 years, Kaysun has built an industry leading reputation of successfully meeting the toughest manufacturing challenges in diverse markets across the globe.
We have an opportunity for a Project Engineer to direct, manage, and coordinate new plastic product development per new and existing customer requirements.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Plans and implements engineering program per customer requirements.
- Develops and maintains a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering project.
- Provides reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages.
- Assigns and oversees project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviews product design and offers design assistance to customers for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Directs integration of technical activities and products.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met.
- Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management.
- Represent the company with vendors and customers in a professional manner.
Job Requirements/Working Conditions:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering with plastics emphasis is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Project Engineering position with demonstrated growth in injection molding is required. Tooling background a plus.
- Computer proficiency with engineering software programs (SolidWorks, MoldFlow, etc) and Microsoft Office is required. Experience with IQMS or related integrated manufacturing software is also preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required. Must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small groups. Must have the ability to read and interpret documents and write reports.
- Must be able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must have well-developed troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, and interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must have knowledge of various thermoplastic materials and possess sufficient knowledge to make resin recommendations.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal shop and office working environment exposure. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time.
If you are interested in working in an environment where Optimism, Innovation and Teamwork are among our core values, then you’re invited to explore this opportunity further. To apply, please submit your resume with salary requirements via email to email@example.com or by mail to KAYSUN CORPORATION, Attn: Human Resources, 5500 West Drive Manitowoc, WI 54220
Kaysun Corporation offers a robust benefit plan which includes: health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and flexible spending for medical and dependent care expenses. In addition, Kaysun promotes wellness and provides annual health risk assessments at no charge to all employees and their spouses, offers a 75% health club membership reimbursement as well as an onsite state of the art wellness facility and classes.
Kaysun Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Females, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Watch this video for more on the advantages of working with Kaysun.