Kaysun Corporation, located in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, designs and manufactures complex, tight tolerance plastic injection molded products and assemblies for the defense/security, medical, industrial, and niche automotive markets. For over 60 years, Kaysun has built an industry leading reputation of successfully meeting the toughest manufacturing challenges in diverse markets across the globe.
We have an opportunity for an Estimator to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for tooling and molding projects by analyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements.
- Researches material data and pricing.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Prepare ROI reports and customer cost break-down forms using Excel.
- Represent the company with customers and vendors in a professional manner.
- Supports the Lean Manufacturing initiatives of the company.
- Follows and supports all established safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Associate degree in mechanical engineering, accounting, or related field required; in lieu of degree, must have a minimum of five years of estimating in tooling/injection molding, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes required.
- Mechanically-inclined a plus.
- Must have a strong understanding of dimensions, part geometry, and working with numbers, including excellent Excel skills.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required. Must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, vendors, and employees of the organization.
- Strong computer proficiency in Solidworks or other 3D CAD/engineering software and in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint) required. Experience utilizing ERP systems preferred.
- Must possess strong math skills, including ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume, and the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Must understand conversions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and use hands to handle or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The noise level in the office work environment is low, and is usually moderate in the production work environment.
- Must be able to travel occasionally, to customers and tool shops.
If you are interested in working in an environment where Optimism, Innovation and Teamwork are among our core values, then you’re invited to explore this opportunity further. To apply, please submit your resume with salary requirements via email to email@example.com or by mail to KAYSUN CORPORATION, Attn: Human Resources, 5500 West Drive Manitowoc, WI 54220
Kaysun Corporation offers a robust benefit plan which includes: health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and flexible spending for medical and dependent care expenses. In addition, Kaysun promotes wellness and provides annual health risk assessments at no charge to all employees and their spouses, offers a 75% health club membership reimbursement as well as an onsite state of the art wellness facility and classes.
Kaysun Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Females, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Watch this video for more on the advantages of working with Kaysun.