Quality Management System Documentation Specialist
Kaysun Corporation, located in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, designs and manufactures complex, tight tolerance plastic injection molded products and assemblies for the defense/security, medical, industrial, and niche automotive markets. For over 60 years, Kaysun has built an industry leading reputation of successfully meeting the toughest manufacturing challenges in diverse markets across the globe.
We have an opportunity for a Quality Management System Documentation Specialist to ensure that the overall Quality Management System (QMS) documentation, including product-related documentation, meets internal and customer requirements and expectations. This position will perform a variety of quality-related job tasks to support the manufacturing, quality and engineering teams by identifying process improvement opportunities within Kaysun Corporation.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain and update quality system documentation, customer specifications and industry standards.
- Write or revise and maintains all required documentation such as procedures, work instructions, forms, training material and other documents to support the company’s manufacturing system.
- Update procedures, work instruction and training materials to reflect continual improvement in quality requirements.
- Support Quality Engineering staff to determine content and organization of documents.
- Promote quality throughout Kaysun. Plan, implement, ensure compliance, and promote the quality systems with all levels of the organization.
- Ensure on-time and accurate submission of quality records to customers per requirements.
- Conduct analysis to assure the final product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Generate Certificate of Conformance or Analysis as required by customers.
- Interface with internal and external auditors during review of the applicable quality management systems.
- Coordinate customer and third-party observed inspections for product and documentation quality compliance.
- Routinely perform process audits.
- Conduct compliance audits with operators to validate accuracy and use problem solving tools to address gaps.
- Position’s key quantitative metric used in judging success will be plant COPQ, with secondary metrics of Safety and On-time Delivery.
- Represent the company with customers in a professional manner.
- Supports the Lean Manufacturing initiatives of the company.
- Follows and supports all established safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Related associate or bachelor's degree in a technical or business field or other related area along with Quality Management System experience preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of operations/manufacturing experience with a focus in quality or engineering preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience with IQMS or similar manufacturing software experience is preferred. Must have the ability to learn new software systems.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required; with technical writing and editing experience.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of quality problem solving tools including, but not limited to, 8D methodology, 5 Whys, Cause and Effect Diagrams, and statistical analysis methodologies preferred.
- Part/Assembly print reading and GD&T experience preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to move throughout the office and production areas to distribute documents and to file. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch to place or retrieve files from filing cabinets or shelves. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the office work environment is low to moderate, and is usually moderate in the production work environment.
- Must be able to travel occasionally for training.
- Citizen sponsorship is not available for this position.
If you are interested in working in an environment where Optimism, Innovation and Teamwork are among our core values, then you’re invited to explore this opportunity further. To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com, mail a resume, or visit Kaysun Corporation during regular business hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday at 5500 West Drive Manitowoc, WI 54220.
You may also apply online by clicking the button below.
Kaysun Corporation offers a robust benefit plan which includes: health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, flex spending, HSA accounts with company contribution, quarterly profit sharing bonus program, and 401k plan with company match. In addition, Kaysun promotes wellness and provides annual health risk assessments at no charge to all employees and their spouses, offers a 75% health club membership reimbursement as well as an onsite state of the art wellness facility and classes.
Kaysun Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Females, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Watch this video for more on the advantages of working with Kaysun.