Quality Engineer (Automotive Emphasis)
Kaysun Corporation, located in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, designs and manufactures complex, tight tolerance plastic injection molded products and assemblies for the industrial, commercial, automotive, and medical markets. For over 60 years, Kaysun has built an industry leading reputation of successfully meeting the toughest manufacturing challenges in diverse markets across the globe.
We have an opportunity for a Quality Engineer (Automotive Emphasis) to interact with other departments to plan and conduct activities concerned with the quality control and quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products, and leads problem-solving activities to improve manufacturing processes. Work with external customers and internal personnel to complete Advanced Quality Planning (APQP) requirements or medical device process validation on all new and/or product changes, and corrective action implementation.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate Automotive PPAP or Medical Device Validation for new and/or changed products.
- Perform quality-engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including customer quality manuals and company quality records.
- Apply statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Conduct data analysis utilizing Minitab and or Microsoft Excel and other analytical software or methods as necessary.
- Collaborates with Layout Tech and Project Engineer to support the dimensional inspection process.
- Lead/develop new problem-solving approaches to quality activities.
- Communicate significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provide recommended process improvements to management.
- Update and maintain quality instructions for the manufacturing process.
- Communicate with customers to resolve quality problems and issue corrective actions designed to resolve the problem.
- Participate in feasibility review meetings with engineering, tooling and manufacturing.
- Conduct internal audits of quality procedures in compliance with quality standards.
- Follow up and report on corrective and preventive actions.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and recommend best possible solutions(s), or recognize when it requires escalating to a higher level.
- Support the MRB system.
- Follow all company safety policies and practices.
- Support the Lean Manufacturing initiatives of the company and perform other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in quality or related field is required. Individuals that have excelled in this position in the past have possessed degrees in engineering, science, mathematics and business. A minimum of 2 years automotive experience in a plastic injection-molding environment is strongly preferred.
Kaysun Corporation offers a robust benefit plan which includes: health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, flex spending, HSA accounts with company contribution, quarterly profit sharing bonus program, and 401k plan with company match. In addition, Kaysun promotes wellness and provides annual health risk assessments at no charge to all employees and their spouses, offers a 75% health club membership reimbursement as well as an onsite state of the art wellness facility and classes.
You may also apply online by clicking the button below.
Three Ways to Apply:
- E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download application forms below and turn in to Kaysun Corporation (Clickable Links)
- Apply online (see individual job position pages)
- Visit our facility during business hours to pick up an application
5500 West Drive
Manitowoc, WI 54220
Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
If you are interested in working for a company who cares about their team and community, offers a fun work place with a positive culture, then we invite you to explore this opportunity further. To apply, please submit your resume via email to email@example.com or by mail to KAYSUN CORPORATION, Attn: Human Resources, 5500 West Drive Manitowoc, WI 54220
Kaysun Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Females, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Watch this video for more on the advantages of working with Kaysun.