Manufacturing Process Engineer
Kaysun Corporation, located in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, designs and manufactures complex, tight tolerance plastic injection molded products and assemblies for the industrial, commercial, automotive, and medical markets. For over 60 years, Kaysun has built an industry leading reputation of successfully meeting the toughest manufacturing challenges in diverse markets across the globe.
We have an opportunity for a Manufacturing Process Engineer / Tooling Improvement Technician to plan and coordinate various long and short term manufacturing projects in a team environment to improve quality, press efficiency, machine uptime, and safety.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Identify and address Press, Process or Tooling opportunities that will positively impact COPQ “Cost of Poor Quality” and Plant Efficiency.
- Facilitate root cause problem solving with tooling, processing and engineering personnel.
- Serve as a resource for the Quality team to create processes to eliminate future Corrective Actions.
- Recommend steel changes on tools by reviewing dimensional data, tool condition and process to validate any and all steel changes.
- Focus will be on the intricate working of the Tools and Processing and how these two variables impact the product being produced.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing processes and procedures to maximize profits and ensure employee safety.
- Involved in product launch activities as liaison between engineering and manufacturing
- Team member on customer rejections to determine the root cause of the problem and assist Quality and Manufacturing Departments in developing corrective actions to resolve the problem.
- Represents the company with vendors and customers in a professional manner.
- Supports, follows and promotes all established safety policies and procedures.
- Supports the Continuous Improvement initiatives of the company.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies (such as Optima).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Prior experience as a Manufacturing Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Journeyman Toolmaker or Advanced Process Technician is required. Bachelor Degree is preferred.
- If non-degreed, must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience performing process troubleshooting in an injection molding environment.
- Certified Mold Master training and RJG training strongly preferred.
- Must have a strong knowledge and comprehension of injection molding tooling.
- Minimum of 5 years of toolmaking experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have strong data analysis skills in order to direct steel changes on Tools.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years of experience supporting production and manufacturing improvement.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with plastics joining technology, such as spin welding, ultrasonic welding, and laser welding.
- Additional experience in Value-Added Assembly operations, such as thermal insertion and general assembly preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required. Must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, vendors, and employees of the organization. Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, and have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Must be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Advanced computer proficiency in a Windows environment is required, preferably with Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with IQMS or related integrated manufacturing software is strongly preferred. Proficiency with Solidworks/CAD is strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems, the ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases, and the ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the office work environment is low, and the noise level in the production work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Citizen sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position works onsite in Manitowoc, WI on a daily basis M-F.
If you are interested in working in an environment where Optimism, Innovation and Teamwork are among our core values, then you’re invited to explore this opportunity further. To apply, please submit your resume with salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to KAYSUN CORPORATION, Attn: Human Resources, 5500 West Drive Manitowoc, WI 54220
You may also apply online by clicking the button below.
Kaysun Corporation offers a robust benefit plan which includes: health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, flex spending, HSA accounts with company contribution, quarterly profit sharing bonus program, and 401k plan with company match. In addition, Kaysun promotes wellness and provides annual health risk assessments at no charge to all employees and their spouses, offers a 75% health club membership reimbursement as well as an onsite state of the art wellness facility and classes.
Kaysun Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Females, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Kaysun Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Females, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Watch this video for more on the advantages of working with Kaysun.