Material Handler – 3rd Shift
We have an opportunity available for a Material Handler to load, unload, and move materials between warehouse and manufacturing floor.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to identify materials or containers to be moved.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Transports materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Prepares labels for materials at press by utilizing computer; attaches identifying labels to materials.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand, with hand truck or with fork lift and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Makes simple adjustments or repairs such as realigning belts or replacing rollers.
- Loads plastic pellets into material dryers or machine hoppers.
- Operates forklift to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Change forklift batteries following established safety procedures.
- Cleans dryers, bunting units and grinders.
- Mixes resins and/or colorants by hand or by using tumblers or mixing equipment.
- Inspects loading and drying equipment and writes maintenance repair requests as needed.
- Enters inventory transactions accurately into the IQMS system.
- Takes physical inventory on scheduled dates.
- Maintains KanBan inventories per the established program.
- Supports and follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Supports the Lean Manufacturing initiatives of the company.
- Provides backup assistance in Receiving, Shipping, and Production as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor or team leader.
Job Requirements/Working Conditions:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record, and pass the DOT Driver’s Physical. Must be able to obtain a Kaysun Corporation forklift license.
- 1-3 years of prior material handling and forklift experience required.
- 1-3 years of shipping and/or receiving experience required, experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Must be willing and able to work weekday and weekend overtime when necessary.
- Must have good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and correspondence. Must also be able to effectively communicate information in one-on-one situations to other employees of the organization.
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook) required. Previous experience with IQMS preferred.
- Must be able to complete computer transactions with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must possess basic math skills, with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
If you are interested in working in an environment where Optimism, Innovation and Teamwork are among our core values, then you’re invited to explore this opportunity further. To apply, please submit your resume with salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Kaysun Corporation, Attn: Human Resources, 5500 West Drive Manitowoc, WI 54220
Kaysun Corporation offers a robust benefit plan which includes: health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, and flexible spending for medical and dependent care expenses. In addition, Kaysun promotes wellness and provides annual health risk assessments at no charge to all employees and their spouses, offers a 75% health club membership reimbursement as well as onsite indoor and outdoor state of the art wellness facilities.
Kaysun Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Females, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.