Human Resources Assistant
Kaysun Corporation, located in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, designs and manufactures complex, tight tolerance plastic injection molded products and assemblies for the industrial, commercial, automotive, and medical markets. For over 60 years, Kaysun has built an industry leading reputation of successfully meeting the toughest manufacturing challenges in diverse markets across the globe.
We have an opportunity for a Human Resources Assistant to support the HR department with payroll and daily HR functions and provides general administrative support for the company. Maintain electronic payroll time clock system daily, monitoring and processing employee hours, and benefit time requests.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Oversees employee status forms and benefit time request forms and ensures proper documentation and filing of requests.
- Serves as main HR employee contact to answer questions and provide necessary direction to the workforce.
- Processes all employee changes in software programs, including address, pay, and employment status changes for permanent and temporary employees.
- Onboards new employees, including policy and payroll system review, badge, and locker issuance.
- Ensures compliance with employment laws and practices.
- Assists with hourly recruitment and orientation; processes new hires into HRIS and ERP systems.
- Enters vacation, personal, and attendance data into HRIS system, administering the Attendance Policy and necessary corrective actions accurately.
- Operates multiline phone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel; greets visitors; processes incoming and outgoing mail and serves as administrative support for CEO and others within the organization.
- Participates in company safety and activity committee meetings, including note-taking and organizing company events.
- Maintains Training database in company ERP system.
- Sorts and distributes incoming US postal service mail, and processes outgoing mail.
- Maintains Affirmative Action databases, including Applicant Log, Hires and Terminations logs. Assists with creation of annual AAP.
- Monitors and maintains Certificates of Insurance.
- Prepares new hire paperwork, training forms, benefit enrollment forms, etc.
- Orders food for luncheon meetings and visitors as requested by management.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and treats employees fairly. Remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Provides support for all shifts of the facility and works additional hours as necessary to complete projects.
- Maintains company bulletin boards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements/Working Conditions:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related business field required. In lieu of degree, will consider candidate presently attending college and pursuing a degree in Human Resources, will be required to complete degree within next 1-2 years.
- Prior experience working in human resources or payroll field preferred. Prior experience working in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- SHRM-CP/SCP or PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required. Must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/Teams) required. Previous experience with an HRIS system preferred, experience with UKG Pro a plus.
- This individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Employee is required to present a professional business appearance and work station. This individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
If you are interested in working in an environment where Optimism, Innovation and Teamwork are among our core values, then you’re invited to explore this opportunity further. To apply, please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to KAYSUN CORPORATION, Attn: Human Resources, 5500 West Drive Manitowoc, WI 54220
You may also apply online by clicking the button below.
Kaysun Corporation offers a robust benefit plan which includes: health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, flex spending, HSA accounts with company contribution, quarterly profit sharing bonus program, and 401k plan with company match. In addition, Kaysun promotes wellness and provides annual health risk assessments at no charge to all employees and their spouses, offers a 75% health club membership reimbursement as well as an onsite state of the art wellness facility and classes.
Kaysun Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Females, Minorities, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Watch this video for more on the advantages of working with Kaysun.