Partner since 2006
- Complex product manufacturing challenges due to various pulse oximetry handheld device products each manufactured separately
- Features and options could not be combined across models
- Seeking a U.S. partner with medical plastic injection molding expertise to design and manufacture all models from a single product design
- Analyze and test more than two dozen parts applying expertise in medical plastic injection molding
- Modify manufacturing and assembly process to meet Smiths’ quality specifications while also managing costs
- Leverage polymer expertise to select materials meeting performance requirements
- One manufacturing platform now supports entire line of new pulse oximeters
- More efficient purchasing
- The new product line offers more flexibility and interchangeable accessories across all three models
- Smiths Medical patented technology now included in two models, strengthening company position in the acute care market.
- Models position Smiths Medical favorably in the marketplace by offering enhanced technology for accurate readings when in motion or for low perfusion situations.
“Kaysun exceeded our expectations in all areas. They made this complex, gigantic program easy from an engineering standpoint. Working with the Kaysun engineering team is like a hot knife through butter.”
D. Donars, Senior Industrial Designer, Smiths Medical